- “Company” shall mean E-Central Electrical Solutions its successors and assigns or any person acting on behalf of and with the authority of E-Central Electrical Solutions.
- “Customer” shall mean the Customer or any person acting on behalf of and with the written authority of the Customer.
- “Work” shall mean all Works (including the supply of Materials) undertaken by the Company and described in this contract and includes any advice or recommendations.
- “Materials” shall means Materials required to complete the Works.
- “Prime Cost Item” shall mean an item that either has not been selected, or whose Price is not known, at the time this contract is entered into and for the cost of supply and delivery of which the Company must make a reasonable allowance in the contract.
- “Provisional Sum” shall mean an estimate of the cost of carrying out Works under this contract for which the Company, after making all reasonable inquiries, cannot give a definite Price at the time this contract is entered.
- “Price” shall mean the Price of the Works as agreed between the Company and the Customer.
- Any instructions received by the Company from the Customer for the supply of Works and/or the Customer’s acceptance of Works undertaken by the Company shall constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein.
- Where more than one Customer has entered into this agreement, the Customers shall be jointly and severally liable for all payments of the Price.
- Upon acceptance of these terms and conditions by the Customer, the terms and conditions are irrevocable and can only be rescinded in accordance with these terms and conditions or with the written consent of the Company.
- None of the Company’s agents or representatives are authorized to make any representations, statements, conditions or agreements not expressed by the manager of the Company in writing nor is the Company bound by any such unauthorized statements.
3. Installation Work:
- All electrical installation work will comply with any amendments in force at the time of the works.
- All electrical installation work will comply with applicable Building Regulations in force at the time of the works.
- Where work is to extend or modify existing circuits, costs quoted assume that the existing installation is in adequate condition and complies with minimum current regulations. Any works found required to bring the necessary parts of the existing installation up to standard will be at additional cost.
- Unless stated otherwise, all cables will be concealed by chasing into the building fabric or concealed in building voids, under floors, etc. Where impracticable, cabling will be neatly surface run, either clipping direct or housed in trunking / conduit.
- Where carpet or flooring coverings may require lifting to allow concealed installation work, no charge is made for this service, with best efforts being made to avoid damaging them and to refit them to an acceptable standard. However, consideration of employing a specialist fitter may be prudent, at your cost to affect a fully satisfactory reinstatement.
- All efforts will be made to undertake installation work to a clean standard.
- The contract outlines the expected duration of the installation work.
- While fulfilling the installation work at the property, the client is required to provide water and power free of charge.
4. Hazardous Materials:
Unless specifically stated in this quotation, the quoted price is based on the assumption that the work for which this quote is submitted will be executed in a hazardous material free environment. It is a strict condition of this quote that the customer accepts full responsibility for the resolution of any problems and for delays and additional costs which may result from the presence of these materials in or about the site on which the works (or any part thereof) are to be performed.
5. Work Site Access:
We have based our offer on free and unrestricted access to all required work areas.
- Clearing and / or moving of furniture and other items blocking access to work areas are not included.
- Re-decoration and final making good is excluded from quoted costs, unless specifically detailed as included.
- Removal from site and disposal of rubble, fittings, wiring, materials, general waste and packaging is not included.
8. Extras and Variations:
- All extras and variations must be agreed in writing prior to commencement.
- The costs quoted assume continuous and unhindered access to the site by prior arrangement with you.
- All figures quoted are valid for a date of 30 days from the date of the estimate or quote.
10. Deviations from Building Regulations and:
- All work where applicable, will be executed fully in compliance with applicable Building Regulations in force at the time of the work, particularly in respect of work in dwellings to allow the legal Part P obligations to be met. Where a Client requires deviation from such regulations, a written instruction and record will be required.
11.Risk and Title of Goods and Property:
- The risk in all goods supplied shall pass to the Client upon delivery.
- All goods supplied shall remain property of E-Central Electrical Solutions until all sums due have been paid in full.
- The client is responsible for ensuring that the property is insured for the duration of the installation work.
- E-Central Electrical Solutions warrants its installation work to be defect free for a period of twelve months from invoice date. Such cover does not extend to goods not supplied by E-Central Electrical Solutions physical damage to products, or any instance where the original installation has been altered or tampered with subsequently by third parties.
- Unless agreed in writing payment in full must be made on completion of the specified works to E-Central Electrical Solutions Stage payments will be requested by prior arrangement where planned works take longer than 30 days. We reserve the right to request from you stage payments in the instance where works take longer than 30 days.
14. Dispute Resolution:
a) In the event of a dispute, mediation is to be the preferred method of resolution.
- The customer shall make available to the Company personnel use of adequate site amenities at no cost to the Company.
- The customer shall inform the Company personnel of:
general and specific safety requirements as and when they arise, in relation to the site; and
any incident or potential hazard that may cause harm to Company personnel.
- The Company personnel shall present in Company corporate uniform whilst attending and working at the site.
- The Company personnel shall, unless otherwise agreed, provide all necessary tools of trade for the carrying out and completion of work under the contract.
- Wherever used in this contract; “contract price” shall mean the quoted price as varied; “materials” include consumables plant equipment and devices supplied in the course of the contract; the” Company” shall include entities related to E-Central Electrical Solutions.
- If any term or condition of this contract is found to be void it shall be excised without affecting the enforcement of the remaining terms or conditions.